Hooked to whatever you're watching on TV and can't bring yourself to stop watching long enough to workout? No problem! Follow this routine three to five times a week. You can even keep your fuzzy slippers on!!
1. SOFA SQUAT-works your butt and thigh. Sit on edge of couch with feet hip-width apart, knees aligned directly over ankles. Stand, place hands on hips, then bend knees and squat down to sit on couch, but let your butt only tap edge, return to standing. Do two sets of 15 reps.
2. CUSHION CRUNCH-works your abs and obliques. Lie on couch and straighten legs; extend arms overhead by ears. Lift left leg toward ceiling, keeping it straight, as you lift shoulders off couch and reach both hands for left toes, pause, then lower to start. Do 15 reps, switch legs and repeat. Do two sets.
3. SPLIT LUNGE-works your thighs and calves. Stand in front of couch; extend left leg back, resting ball of foot on couch, hands on hips. Bend right knee 90 degrees, don't let knee go past toes; press through heel and return to start. do 15 reps, switch legs and repeat. Do two sets.
4. INCLINE PUSH-UP-works your chest, arms and shoulders. Place hands shoulder-width apart on edge or arm of couch; walk feet back so legs are straight and you're up on toes. Bend elbows and lower chest toward couch; push back up. do as many as you can with abs pulled in and hips aligned. Rest and repeat.
5. REMOTE REAR FLY-works your back and shoulders. Lie face down on couch, left arm off edge and extended toward floor, holding the remote or a light weight, raise extended hand up and out to shoulder height, squeezing shoulder blades together; pause, lower to start. do 15 reps, switch sides and repeat. Do two sets.
Now, perhaps when your favorite show is done you can squeeze in a little cardio? Your four legged friend is sitting by the door waiting with his leash!!